Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Watching American Idol

I look forward to American Idol every week. I am not nuts about the first part where they are putting all those idiots on who think they can sing. Or do they? I think they just come on hoping to get on T.V. for their five minutes of fame. Can you not hear how you sound when you are off key? I used to think I could sing a little...just a little but as the years have slid by, I now can not sing a note without sounding off key. Why is that? Did my singing throat strings go bad all of a sudden or is that also part of getting old?

I am anxiously awaiting the debut of Ellen too. Surely she will liven up the judging panel. Lord knows it could use something. I like Simon and his nasty comments and I think the man knows his business. The others are nuts. Kara is even more irritating than Paula was. With the dry wit of Ellen, I think the show will be better. Now all you folks who are refraining from watching AI because of Ellen's lifestyle...well....maybe you should get a life. I mean what do you think will happen to you if you actually watch. Will you suddenly become gay? Will you change her mind because YOU refuse to watch the show? Will your buddies think you are really a wonderful Christian because of the stand you are taking? Are you an idiot? I think maybe the last choice would prove logical.

Out of all the American Idol winners, the ones I remember the most are Carrie Underwear, Adam Lambutt, and Bo Dice(mostly because he was from a little town close to where I live).
And Adam Lambutt was only a runner up but I remember him more than I do the guy who actually won. I can't remember his name...little short dude with a funky mouth. So we are off to another (hopefully) good season. The only one I am pulling for at this time is the guy from prison. The one who held up a bank with his BB gun. Hang in there Al Capone.

No comments:

Post a Comment