Sunday, February 21, 2010

American Idol Update

Yall watch American Idol last week? I am not sure I like the new "booting" technique...but I guess it is better than taking two people at a time and choosing only one. I do like Ellen, although, she has not had an opportunity to really shine yet. I am sure she will. Maybe she is coming in like a lamb and going out like a lion. Have you heard the rumor that Howard Stern might take Simon's place? He is an idiot...and I doubt he could make a comment without using the "F" word. He would be nasty, probably moreso that Simon, but I don't think the show would have the great "American Pie" appeal any more. Kara is still getting on my nerves. Good Lord, she is annoying. Those lips, twisting around and trying to be cool all the time....gives me the "willies". O.K. I do have some "picks" ....but keep in mind I was pulling for the girl rocker last year, when she was booted on about the third show. What was her name? Had that blond streak in her hair and sounded raspy like Janis Joplin. Oh well. Must not of been to memorable.
I am diggin' the dude who tore off his shirt during his audition. He has long blond hair and he sings the blues. Casey is his name. Be still my heart... and other things as well.
Then there is the girl with the yellow teeth... played the guitar and the harmonica...showed pictures of her baby to the judges. Crystal (Mamasox) I love that girl
And I sort of like Lilly...platinum blond. Something about her is cool. I forgot what!
Katy the little girl who is trying to make Grandma proud before she forgets who she is. She is o.k. but I think I could forget her. Whole lotta forgetting going on here.
And Andrew Garcia....we have not had a winner from the Spanish side of town have we? He might be the first.
Well o.k. there you go. What a show!!! I wish we had shows like the Carol Burnette Show, The Red Skelton Show, Sonny and Cher Show or maybe even Laugh In. I loved Laugh In. But I guess we will have to endure American Idol until some of the "oldies" make a come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment