Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Funny Valentine


I can't think of a more annoying holiday than Valentine's Day...unless it would be New Year's Eve. All that kissing, champagne toasting, hollering Happy New Year....it is just an excuse to act like an idiot. I like to act like an idiot....just because that is what I do.
Valentine's Day! Lot of pressure for men....if there is such a thing as a man being under pressure. I like to hang out in the parking lot and watch men running into the grocery store, CVS, Walmart or hallelujah!!! the Dollar Tree to grab some last minute gift, hoping to look like Stud Muffin of the Year as they present it to the lucky
wife or girlfriend at home. Candy and flowers seems to be the most common gifts unless your sweetie is allergic to flowers or weighs more than a small battleship. Or how about those little dental floss panties and push up bras. I think those would be more for the younger set although there are a few men who would like to see their Wrestle Mania Mama in this get up no matter what the outcome might be....and I would bet...it ain't pretty.
Now take my Booch....he has always brought me a bouquet on Valentine's Day. Most of those bouquets have been from a 7-11 Free With a Fill Up. I always make over it like it was the most thoughtful thing anyone has every done for me. In my mind I am thinking why didn't he just get me a funeral wreath? But I don't want to hurt his feelings. He thinks he is being a real "love bug".
And all that "going out to eat" just because it is Valentine's Day. Restaraunt's are packed. Us "regulars" can't get in any where unless we go at 2:00 in the afternoon. People eat out three or four times a week now. It isn't like in the old days when Ma cooked three meals a day and good ole Pa decides to give her a night off...provided she has got all her other chores done.
Men...run by and give her a little love note on the windshield of her car, a loving phone call, a little hug when you get home. We don't ask for much. And don't wait until Valentine's Day. There are 364 other days that would be a lot more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment