Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pina Colada

These past few days have been very entertaining. Paul and I went to Jacksonville Florida to visit my awesome cousin Ron and his saintly wife Charlene. We say that she is a saint and will have extra stars in her crown because she has had to put up with Ron for 40 years. You would have to know Ron to understand. There is no other person in the world like him. I have always thought he hung the moon. When I was little I would squalled like a baby when we would leave to come home from their house. They lived in South Pittsburg, Tennessee and my family would visit every now and then. They would come to Decatur to visit our family also. We have had several family reunions at our cabin on Elk River, Wolverine Park, Doublehead Park in Town Creek, and the "biggy" at Riverside Park when the Hudson Bridge was dedicated. Ron was the "life" of the party at ALL of the reunions. He used to wear a black jacket and comb his hair like Elvis. He could shake his legs and dance like Elvis too. I was thrilled to just watch him. Anyway, we go down and just hang out every now and then at their house in Jacksonville now. We get to do things like watch Have Gun Will Travel and Judge Judy, watch George the pool vacuum clean the pool, take adventure trips, and just be together.
On this particular trip we went to St. Augustine and walked around looking at old stuff. We took a tour of the beer factory. We ate a lot. Road around a lot. And laughed more than a lot.
Once we went to an old place where this famous author lived...I forgot who....guess they weren't to famous to me but I loved touring that old house. We have been to Savannah and Charleston together. We have cruised together. Ron and Charlene have been to all the important events in my life. They have always made special things seem more special to me. And Charlene....she is a saint to put up with Ron's family in my opinion. Hang in there Char...your reward awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment