Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wormhooker

Daddy went and bought a box of worms for me to fish with yesterday at the cabin. I hate worms. But I hate to kill worms too. Sort of that "thou shalt not kill" stuff sticks in my brain. So anyway, I got a pole and my box of worms, a cup of water (for washing my hands) and a glove (for putting my worm on my hook without touching it). Has anyone every tried that? It took me probably 10 - 12 minutes to get that little piece of worm on my hook with that bulky glove. After I got the thing on there I threw the hook in the water but I must of slung it just a little to hard and my worm flew off. Crap!!! Another 10 minutes trying to get another worm on. This time I was more careful putting the hook in the water. Even pulled up the hook once or twice to make sure the worm had not called in accomplices that got him off my hook or that he just hadn't flopped off. He was still there. Then all of a sudden the cork went out of sight, popped back up and just sat there. I hardly had time to think. So I pulled the hook up again....no worm! Had to do another worm sticking. This time it went a little faster....must be getting used to these gloves.
Threw the hook in "carefully" and sat back to wait again. Another big bob and NO WORM!
WEll I decided to wait til later in the day when the water was calmer. So Paul comes in late that afternoon. Hmmmm Went down to the dock again, got all fixed to fish and I asked Paul, "would you bait my hook?" He did, after rolling his eyes knowing good and well I was setting him up as a "wormhooker". I caught about 6 fish in 20 minutes....hooking the worm and everything. I learned that you have to have a pole, bait, corks, hooks and most of all a wormhooker. Molly and Doodle really enjoyed the whole experience as well.










No comments:

Post a Comment