Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

Brand new year 2012. Last year seemed to be jinxed to me. There were semi disasters that happened in our area. The water crisis started out the year with no water pressure for a couple of days. Then the tornadoes went through and caused considerable damage, not to mention leaving us without power for several days. Adam barely escaped harm when the storm ripped through the building where he worked. We had beloved pets to die and we mourned them as the loving members of our family they were. We had some family members to die and go through serious illness. I do hope this year will be a relief of sorrowful times from last year. We did have some good things that happened last year but tend to dwell on the bad. We had a good summer at the cabin and on the beach. Our holidays and birthdays were memory makers. Our general health has been good although we did survive a few trips to the emergency room. I acquired a new sweetheart, Newton. He was my rescued dog that has become my best friend along with Molly and Doodle. Tooter has had a good year in school and seems to be maturing in behavior. He is really a spoiled little turd. But the joy of our lives around here. He is so funny too. Mamaw Moon turned 90 years old this year. Such a special and inspirational mother to all of us. Daddy will be 82 this weekend. He seems to never age. Always cracking jokes and acting like an idiot. Me and Paul become closer friends as the years roll on. I can't imagine my life without him taking care of things. I hope I never have to. So roll on 2012 and let's make this year one of appreciation, joy and love for everyone and everything around us. I am so lucky and blessed to have my sons, daughters and family around me. I appreciate every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment