Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Is Around the Corner

Today is March 17, 2013 and we have had a busy weekend.  Just the beginning of the weeks ahead during the spring and summer months.  It is always busy going back and forth to the cabin, the farm and home...not to mention going on vacations, going down to Josh and Kim's and over to Mamaw's. 

We went to the cabin this afternoon and tried to do some landscaping but tractor trouble shot that idea in the butt.  So we covered up all the dirt in case of rain until the tractors are repaired.  I did manage to clean up inside the cabin. 

Yesterday Dump and I went to the Kemp Cuzzin Lunch.  The Kemp's included Patty, Nazzy, Carrye, Susan Lynn, her daughter Becca, Nazzy's daughter Beth and Beth's daughter Alexis.  We also had Cathy and Chelle Baby (Susan's sister).  Haven't seen those girls in years and it was so nice to be with them.  The craziest thing was they all showed up at the Steak House in a limo that Patty got from the funeral home in Bridgeport.  Driver included.  Cracked everybody up.  I love these ladies.

Last week I managed to clean out the kitchen and washroom cabinets at Dad's.  Cloroxed  the shelves and put in new shelf paper.  Threw out several boxes of old crap.  Spring cleaning fever, I guess.  I also painted my kitchen.  Tomorrow I will finish painting the trim in my kitchen and try to finish cleaning out closets and drawers down at Dad's.  I have a list of to-do's a mile long.  Anyway after I finish all this stuff around the house, I will move to the farm and clean up out there so I can get to the cabin and get things done up there for the summer. 

Flo has a pontoon boat for this summer.  It is a nice river ride for us.  I am excited about having a really good summer this year.  Tooter is already wanting to go to the cabin and build a bonfire this next weekend.  There is much to do and a busy time lies ahead.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment